|Welcome to The Bank
The Bank of Landisburg began in 1903 with $10,000.00
in capital that had been raised by the selling of stock. Many
familiar names were among the original stockholders: Sheibley,
Jones, Wilson, Bower, Kennedy, Wertz, Dum, Kell, Loy, and Wagner.
On October 19, 1903, the bank opened for business in a building
located on the corner of Main & Carlisle Streets.
On April 17, 1992, for a few hours, The Bank of Landisburg was
the last operating private bank in Pennsylvania (and possibly
in the United States). On April 20, 1992, The Bank of Landisburg
opened for business as an incorporated, federally insured, state
chartered, Federal Reserve Member bank.