The Bank of Landisburg began in 1903 with $10,000.00 in capital that had been raised by the selling of stock. Many familiar names were among the original stockholders: Sheibley, Jones, Wilson, Bower, Kennedy, Wertz, Dum, Kell, Loy, and Wagner. On October 19, 1903, the bank opened for business in a building located on the corner of Main & Carlisle Streets.
On April 17, 1992, for a few hours, The Bank of Landisburg was the last operating private bank in Pennsylvania (and possibly in the United States). On April 20, 1992, The Bank of Landisburg opened for business as an incorporated, federally insured, state chartered, Federal Reserve Member bank.
Locations and Hours